The 6th International Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance Call for Papers & Webinars (IIMEFC 2020)
The 6th International Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance Call for Papers & Webinars (IIMEFC), October 27 – 28, 2020
A leading education and research institution, Bank Indonesia Institute – Bank Indonesia, is pleased to host The 6th International Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance Call for Papers & Webinars on “Rethinking the Developmental Role of Islamic Economy and Finance in the Era of Rising Digitalization, Declining Globalization and Uncertainties”. The ongoing unprecedented global economic challenges have brought us to a new face of economic interaction both micro and macro. In turn, these will change almost everything the way we used to live, including in Islamic Economic and Finance (IEF), although the foundations of IEF are stay the same. Accordingly what we need is to rethink IEF in the light of rising digitalization, declining globalization and emerging pandemic or looming uncertainties ahead.
For the above reasons, JIMF raises such concern on the 6th International Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance Call for Papers & Webinars which constitutes one of the event series of Indonesia Sharia Economic Festival (ISEF) on October 2020 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
SCOPES OF CALL FOR PAPERS
- The model and role of Islamic commercial, social, or integrated Islamic commercial-social finance;
- The model and role of Islamic microfinance, new halal value chains or new innovative vehicles;
- The model and role of Islamic digital economy, Islamic e-commerce, Islamic fintech;
- The shift and impact of consumers’ behavior post-pandemic in Islamic economy and finance industries, and how they adjust to the changing world;
- The micro/macro foundations of IEF principles, such as prohibition of riba-maysir-gharar and/or the institutionalization of zakat-infaq-waqf;
- The comparison between micro/macro foundations of conventional and Islamic economic and finance;
- The micro and/or macro foundations of IEF contracts, such as profit-and-loss sharing, trade, lease, insurance, etc.;
- The model and role of Islamic International trade and finance;
- The model and role of Islamic public finance;
- The model and role of Islamic political economics and finance.
- Other topics that are relevant to the main theme, including DSGE Modelling.
- The 6th International Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance, Call for Papers and Webinar Sessions will be officially opened on October 27 2020 at 9.00 am Jakarta time by Governor Perry Warjiyo of Bank Indonesia (Editor in Chief of JIMF), who will also deliver his keynote address to be followed by the plenary sessions. The general theme for the plenary sessions is “Rethinking Microfoundation of Islamic Economics and Finance in Support of Post Pandemic Economic Developments”. The following speakers are scheduled to deliver their insights around the theme:
- Mabid Ali Al Jarhi, Professor, Ankara Social Sciences University – Turkey
- Monzer Kahf, Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University - Turkey
- Mansor Ibrahim, Director of Research Management-International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCIEF) – Malaysia
- The plenary sessions will be moderated by Dian Masyita, Professor, Padjadjaran University – Indonesia
AUGUST 14, 2020 Online Submission
OCTOBER 07, 2020 Due Date For Paper Submisison
OCTOBER 15, 2020 Final Decision on Submision
OCTOBER 22, 2020 Due Date for Registration to the Webinar Parallel & Plenary Sessions
OCTOBER 27, 2020 Webinar Plenary Sessions, followed by Parallel Sessions (Day 1)
OCTOBER 28, 2020 Book Launching (Day 2)
- Authors are invited to submit their research papers (IN ENGLISH) with (at least) 3 JEL CLASSIFICATIONS, in word version, to the following link https://submit.confbay.com/conf/iimefc2020
- Important announcement will be posted on https://jimf-bi.org/index.php/JIMF
- Submissions of full paper should be in English and be accompanied by an abstract.
- All invited papers will be presented at the webinar parallel sessions and each paper will have an assigned discussant. Each presenter will have 15-20 minutes to present his/her paper; a discussant will discuss the paper for 5-7 minutes; and 3 minutes will be allotted for additional questions & answers.
- After regular double blind peer-review process, the invited papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance (JIMF) regular and Special Issues, or in BI’s Scopus indexed journal Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking. Details regarding journal submission will be conveyed after the webinar paralel sessions.
- One time reward of Rp. 15.000.000 (fifteen million rupiahs) will be provided to paper accepted for publication as mentioned above, and conditional on authors signing a copyright transfer form.
- Two best papers will be selected and rewarded Rp. 10.000.000 (ten million rupiahs) each.
- Juhro, M. Solikin (Bank Indonesia Institute, Indonesia) -- Chairman
- Ridhwan, MHA (Bank Indonesia Institute, Indonesia) – Co-Chairman
- Achsani, Noer Azham (IPB University, Indonesia)
- Mansor Ibrahim, (INCEIF, Malaysia)
- Abdul Ghafar Ismail (Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia)
- Salina Kassim (International Islamic University, Malaysia)
- Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera (International Islamic University, Malaysia)
- Sukmana, Raditya (Airlangga University, Indonesia)
- Madjid, Shabri Abdul (Syiah Kuala University, Indonesia)
- Mongid, Abdul (STIE Perbanas Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Masyita, Dian (Padjajaran University, Indonesia)
- Husodo, Zaäfri Ananto (University of Indonesia, Indonesia)
- Kasri, Rahmatina Awaliah (University of Indonesia, Indonesia)
- Abduh, Muhammad (Brunei Darussalam University, Brunei Darussalam)
- Possumah, Bayu Taufiq (Tazkia Institute, Indonesia)
- Arundina, Tika (University of Indonesia, Indonesia)
- Ascarya (Bank Indonesia Institute, Indonesia)
- Sakti, Ali (Bank Indonesia Institute, Indonesia)
- Ridhwan, MHA (Bank Indonesia Institute, Indonesia) — Chairman
- Kathon, Jimmy (Bank Indonesia Institute) — Co-Chair
- Satyani Oktaviningsih
- Suharno Manik
- Dimas Prasetya Wardana
- Indah Kurniyati
- Susan Eka Septyarini
- Citra Rizky Utami
- Prasetya Aditya
- Yunandho Yulio Rachmat
- Komite Nasional Ekonomi dan Keuangan Syariah (KNEKS)
- International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- The Indonesian Association of Islamic Economist (IAEI)
- University of Indonesia
- Airlangga University
- IPB University and other related universities.
Free Registration Fee